Raccoons may appear cute and cuddly in cartoons, but don’t be fooled. When they invade your home, they threaten your health and property. At Wild Science Solutions, we want to warn you of the risks and make it clear that a raccoon infestation is nothing to take lightly.
- Structural Damage. Raccoons claw and chew through wood, shingles, insulation, and electrical wiring. When they get inside your home, the demolition continues as they chew holes through walls, ceilings, and roofs.
- Health Hazards. A raccoon infestation also puts your family at risk of getting rabies, leptospirosis, and roundworm. Raccoon droppings have bacteria and parasites that are bad for humans and pets. You could develop respiratory problems by inhaling airborne particles from raccoon droppings.
- Property Contamination. Raccoons are dirty creatures. When they infest your attic, chimney, or crawl space, they use it as a toilet and a garbage can.
- Aggressive Behavior. While raccoons are generally not aggressive toward humans, they can become territorial and defensive when threatened. A mother raccoon protecting her young can be particularly dangerous. If cornered, raccoons may scratch, bite, or use their sharp claws to defend themselves.
- Damage to Landscaping. Raccoons also wreak havoc in your yard and garden. They dig up lawns for grubs and other insects, damage plants, and tip over trash cans in their search for food.
The dangers posed by a raccoon infestation go beyond the nuisance of using your home as a hotel. If you suspect a raccoon infestation on your property, call us today. Our experienced wildlife removal experts can safely and humanely remove raccoons from your home.